Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I am posting this because I selfishly want to win this fantastic burlap table runner. I've seen the burlap stuffall over the internet, and I think it is gorgeous. Who knew?!?
I found out about the contest on one of my favorite blogs, The Lettered Cottage. Go and check out her gorgeous blog!
The burlap table runner is from Grace's Etsy shop....go and check it out too! She has great stuff.
Good luck to anyone else doing the contest...but I really hope I win. :)
Thursday, April 30, 2009
One of my favorite blogs is This Young House and today they had a post about what a bookshelf can say about you. They asked their readers to describe 3-5 things that is on a bookshelf in their house, and explain their significance. I'm doing one better...I posted a picture and now will tell you about the stuff on the shelf.
- See that teapot in the upper left hand corner? It belonged to Brad's grandparents. I don't have things in my side of the family that have been passed down, so I am thrilled to have something from his side to pass on to my children. Plus it is pretty.
- The blue pitcher on the second shelf from the top on the left hand side...the one that goes from light blue to dark blue...I bought at Campbell Run Pottery. My mom and my sister and I took a road trip one day several years ago. We had no plans, no time-frame, nothing we had to do...we just started driving. We talked, we laughed, we cried, we ate some fantastic pie, and we ended up at that pottery store. My mom gave me $50 to spend on whatever I wanted to remind me of that day, and I bought that, plus two little bowls and saucers to use as a cream and sugar set. My cat knocked one of the bowls off of the sideboard when we first moved into this house, so now I only have one...but the memories still remain of that day.
- The little gold rocking horse on the right hand 2nd shelf from the top belonged to my Mamaw. When I helped clear out her house after her funeral last summer, I chose that to keep. I never remember seeing it in her house as a child, but then again, seeing ANYTHING in her house would have been a miracle. After washing years of cigarette smoke and dust off of it, I found that I rather like it.
- There is a book on the 3rd shelf on right hand side that says "Bolivia" on it. That is a picture book of Bolivia, South America. I spend most of my childhood there, and it holds such a special place in my heart. My heart feels at home there.
- Waaaaay down on the bottom left hand shelf is a row of dark blue books. They are the entire works of Shakespeare, including his sonnets. I love me some Shakespeare. :)
Monday, March 23, 2009
I have been an avid follower of a number of home decorating/design sites, and have decided that now is the time for me to have a blog about my home. I call my house my "Wee Little Cottage". This is where I will be journaling my home decorating projects, my diy projects, and the things I do to make a home (this may include recipes...who knows!). I'll be posting pictures of my house in a bit.